With the measure of information being put away keeping on growing exponentially, tape offers some inalienable focal points over plate based advances for long term information storage, including:
- High limit: LTO media cartridges can now hide away to 6.25TB on a solitary tape. With Overland Storage’s NEO library, organizations can now store more than 6PB in under 14 sq. ft. of server farm floor space.
- Lower expense every GB: At a normal expense of $.01/GB, tape stockpiling is the most moderate alternative for putting away huge measures of information.
- Fast execution: Data can now be recovered in a matter of seconds or simply a couple of minutes with the capacity to move information at paces of more than 1TB/hr. every tape drive.
- Portability: Tape is still the main medium on which you can dependably store information and move it offsite for catastrophe recuperation purposes
- Reduced vitality costs: Studies more than once demonstrate that tape drives utilize less power and create less warmth than plate drives, bringing about vitality costs that are 1/15th that of circle.
- Better life span: The material science of tape innovation empower organizations to expand its capacity limits a long ways past what the material science of circle advancements will permit – making tape a continuous information stockpiling answer for the whole deal.
- Greater dependability: The mistake rate of tape innovation is better than that of circle; what’s more, tape is safe to a portion of the pitfalls that plate is liable to (e.g., infections), giving more solid access to the greater part of the information organizations are putting away long haul.
- Compatibility: The mix of tape’s prevalent in reverse read similarity and the way that all major ISV applications, (for example, BackupExec, NetBackup, ARCserve, and so forth.) give across the board backing of tape-based stockpiling results in the best conceivable rate of profitability.
- Scalability: Not just do individual tapes gives clients the capacity to scale their capacity limit because of high limits and in reverse read similarity, additionally tape libraries like Overland’s NEO Series permit clients’ information stockpiling answers for scale with their requests and not be overwhelmed by them. Tape permits you to develop into – not out of – your information stockpiling prerequisites.
- Good Enough For Google, Good Enough For You – In 2011, Google stood out as truly newsworthy when it needed to utilize tapes to restore the email boxes of 40,000 clients. With execution expanding altogether and stockpiling limits developing, organizations will keep on depending on tape for offsite reinforcement and debacle recuperation.
When you consolidate tape’s unrivaled stockpiling limits, minimal effort/GB, and diminished vitality expenses, tape-based capacity arrangements give enormous CapEx and Opex expense favorable circumstances. Indeed, even as innovation advances, tape keeps on being the perfect answer for long term information storage and archiving.